Our school was founded in 1954 by the sisters of St Joseph of the Sacred Heart, who are often referred to as the ‘brown Joes’ for their distinct habit. Saint Mary MacKillop founded this order, hence the MacKillop sayings that encapsulate our school values. Mary MacKillop’s feast day is celebrated on 8th August and we will have a special liturgy at school on this day.
The school originally sat behind the distinctive Christ the King Church on Richardson Road but in 2009 was moved to its current position on the corner of Maioro and Richardson Roads. Christ the King has always been a small school, which gives it a very special family feel. The current roll is approximately 165 students. There are no longer any Josephite sisters teaching at the school but the traditions and teachings of the Josephites live on through our school charism, which encourages the values of respect, love and service, justice, and peace and joy.