All initial inquiries and completion of the enrolment forms are made through the school office and the principal. We will discuss the obligations of attendance at Christ the King Catholic School and clarify enrolment procedures with you.
School Office ph: 09-626-7123
If you are a Catholic, you will need to visit the Christ the King Parish Priest, Father Benedict Francis, to discuss the signing of a Preference of Enrolment form before your child can be enrolled.
Parish Office ph: 09-626-7744
Those children who are not Catholic are also welcomed into our school community, depending on places available (as we are only allowed 5% of our maximum roll for non-preference children).
Click on these links for more information on Catholic school enrolment :
We encourage parents to enrol children well before their fifth birthday. We also welcome visits to the classrooms before the child starts to meet the teacher and observe classroom routines.
WHERE DO YOU START?
To enrol your child at Christ the King school, you will need to fill out an Enrolment form. This will also give you a checklist of documents you will need to provide before your child starts school eg. birth certificate. Give the school office a call if you are unsure of how to get started, they will give you the Enrolment Form and any extra paperwork that may be needed.
Here is the Enrolment Pack:
- CTK Enrolment Form May2017
- CTK Cyber Smart Agreement Form May 2017
- Attendance dues agreement form 2016
Here are some resources from the Auckland Catholic Diocese Website that may be helpful when looking into Catholic Preference enrolment (click to open):
- Preference-certificate-Auckland-Dio-2017-1 (this is the form that needs to be signed by a parish priest as part of the enrolment paperwork).
- Preference_Appeal_Form-June-2009-2 (1)
Here are some resources that may be helpful when you are starting the enrolment process (click to open the files):
- ADHB Hearing-Vision Consent Form (a free service)
- ADHB Dental Service (a free service) – Children who have not been enrolled through their preschool will be enrolled through the CTK school roll.
- HE7013-Immunisation Certificate (this is from your doctor, and shows which immunisations your child has received so far)
ATTENDANCE DUES AND VOLUNTARY DONATIONS
Attendance Dues are a compulsory payment under the terms of the Private Schools Conditional Integration Act 1975 and a condition of enrolment at Christ the King Catholic School. Attendance Dues are charged for all students who attend Catholic Schools in New Zealand.
Attendance Dues are used to repay loans for building works done at schools in the Auckland Diocese, property related costs including school building works, buildings insurance and costs directly associated with the administration of attendance dues.
Attendance Dues are collected by Christ the King Catholic School on behalf of the school’s Proprietor, the Roman Catholic Bishop of Auckland. The attendance dues collected by Christ the King Catholic School are forwarded to Auckland Common Fund Limited, a company established by the proprietors of Catholic integrated schools in the Diocese of Auckland responsible for the collection of attendance dues.
Attendance Dues payable for 2019 school year:
- Primary Y0 – Y8 : $112.00 per child, per term ($448.00 per year) including GST.
Attendance Dues can be paid in full at the beginning of the school year, per term or by regular instalment.
More information is available from your school office if you require further information or need any assistance (firstname.lastname@example.org or ph: 626 7123)
The Special Catholic Character Contribution:
- The Catholic Special Character contribution is a voluntary donation of $12.50 per term ($50.00 per annum) per student.
- This contribution provides the main source of funding for all services provided to Christ the King Catholic School by the Catholic Education Services Board.
- No contributions are made by the Government for these services.
- The Catholic Education Services Board assists schools to provide a Catholic education for your child through the preservation and enhancement of the Catholic Special Character in our schools.
If families are having difficulty in meeting the cost of all or part of their School Fees they should contact the school office or the principal to discuss the matter.
Breakdown of 2020 Fees:
School Fees Account:
CTKS, ASB Bank, Mt Roskill
12 – 3043 – 0302897 – 50